Low Carb Diet
- Diet Help you Loose
- Evaluate your Meal Plan
- Low Calorie Diet Good or Not
- Watch Diet during Pregnancy
- Safe Diet during Pregnancy
- Weight Loss with Carb Diet
- Low Carb Diet for Diabetics
- Low Carb Diet Pill
- Vegetarians on Low Carb Diet
- Low Carb Diet Recipes
- Great tips for Low Carb Diet
- Side Effects of Low Carb Diets
- Low Carb Diet help you loose
- Low Carb Diets Safety
- Atkins Low Carb Diet
- Atkins Low Carb Diet Plan
- Low Carb Diets Work
- Menu for Low Carb Food List
- Some Handy Info
- Cranberries and Unsweetened Chocolate
- Some Facts of Low Carb Diet
- Monitor Performance of Diet Plan
- Low Carb Cholesterol Diet Guide
- Fast and Delicious Recepies
- Low Carb High Fiber Diet
- Success with a Low Carb Diet
- Low Carb Diet Program of choice
- High Protein Diet Pros and Cons
- Enjoy Low Carb Diet Benefits
- Healthy Diet with Numerous Choices
- Disadvantages of the Low Carb Diet
- Know more about Low Carb Diet
- Cautious before Starting for Diabetics
- Effective High Carb Low Fat Diet
- Conflicting Low Fat or Low Carb
- Problem with Low Carb Diets
- Secrets to a Good Low Carb Diet
- Dangerous for Teens
- Low Carb Protein Diet Advantages
- Plan Diet with Utility Examples
Side Effects of Low Carb Diets
If you are planning a low carb diet regime, hang on! First take a look at the side effects of the low carb diet and be aware so that you don't end up experiencing the unexpected! Low carb diets help your body to lose weight by accessing your stored body fat for energy because there is no (or little) available energy in the form of glucose from the low carb diet. Now that's an effect that everyone can live with! Unfortunately, there are also some side effects.
Some important points
The low carb diet lacks adequate amount of minerals and other nutrients. The common side effects of low carb diets are bad breath, constipation, headache, hair loss and leg cramps. Though not everyone is affected by these effects but it is advisable to have a closer look at the cause of these side effects so that you can head off them pass when beginning your low carb diet.
- Bad breath is not caused in mouth but is due to the decomposition and breakdown of food in the stomach. The best way to quash bad breath is to eat more parsley, basil and leafy dark green vegetables. Also, drinking lots of water (herbal tea is a good option) is a great help deter bad breath.
- Constipation occurs due to low fiber content in the low carb diet. The best way to combat this is to drink lots of water; also, beans could prove to be an effective remedy.
- Headache occurs due to dehydration or run out of caffeine. In this case, try drinking lots of water; also, try green tea is a great reliever.
- Hair loss mainly happens due to deficiency of nutrients that is less supplied by the low carb diet. To supplement for this lack try taking multi-vitamin and mineral substitutes with low carb diet.
- Leg cramps are caused due to deficiencies of magnesium, calcium and potassium; make sure that your multi-vitamin contains adequate amounts of these.