Vitamins, Minerals and Other Nutrients to Relieve Fatigue
Fatigue means mental or physical tiredness, weakness or exhaustion usually caused by prolonged or intense activity, but also possibly caused by disease, lack of adequate nutrition or other anomalous factors. Chronic fatigue can be greatly improved by eating foods that increase energy levels and support the immune system. If you have Chronic fatigue syndrome, health experts recommend that you try to maintain good health by eating a balanced diet and getting adequate rest; exercising regularly but without causing more fatigue; pacing yourself-physically, emotionally, and intellectually-because too much stress can aggravate your symptoms.
Get more information on chronic fatigue syndrome.
These vitamins & nutrients can help in relieving fatigue:
- Vitamin A helps in strenghtening the immune system.
- Vitamin B1 aids nervous system functions and boosts energy
- Vitamin B5 reduces fatigue and relieves stress
- Vitamin B9 is vital for healthy red blood cells which are essential for energy.
- Vitamin B6 increases energy levels
- Vitamin B12 is widely used to treat problems affecting energy levels
- Vitamin C detoxifies the system
- Vitamin E supports the immune system
- Calcium helps improving sleep patterns
- Iron relieves tiredness caused by red blood cell deficiency
- Magnesium reduces weakness and fatigue
- Molybdenum helps keep nerves healthy
- Selenium is a vital antioxidant
- Zinc detoxifies the body
- Omega-6 oils boost energy
- Lactobacillus Acidophilus helps to restore normal intestinal balance by inhibiting the overgrowth of the Candida albicans organism
- Co-enzyme Q10 increases oxygen uptake in the cells, increasing energy levels
Which foods to eat?
Fresh fruits; green, leafy vegetables; whole grains; tuna; chicken; lentils; nuts and seeds
Cautions: Eliminate possilbe sources of food allergy from your diet, particularly dairy products and wheat. Alcohol, smoking, refined foods and caffeine all deplete energy levels.