Curing Hangovers - Vitamins and other Nutrients helpful for Hangovers
Hangovers, causes by drinking too much alcohol, produce unpleasant symptoms including headache, nausea and fatigue, resulting from a combination of dehydration and inability of the liver to flush out toxins quickly enough.
Taking a vitamin B-complex supplement plus 1g of vitamin C before and after drinking, and consuming plenty of water, can help ward off the worst effects of a hangover.
Vitamins helpful for hangover
- Vitamin A is a powerful antioxidant.
- Vitamin B-complex is needed to replace vitamins lost through drinking.
- Vitamin C helps to protect the liver.
- Vitamin E helps to detoxify your body.
Minerals helpful for hangover
- Molybdenum helps your body to break down alcohol.
- Selenium is an antioxidant and increases the potency of vitamin E.
- Zinc helps to detoxify the body.
More Nutrients helpful for hangover
- Omega-3 fish oils help mop up harmful free radicals produced when alcohol is broken down.
- Bioflavonoids increase the action of vitamin C.
Foods helpful for hangover
Fresh fruits and vegetables, low-fat dairy products, lentils, dried fruit, almonds and coconut.
Foods to avoid
Acid-forming foods such as coffee, tea, meat, and eggs can irritate the stomach.