What Vitamins Help Prevent Hair Loss, Stops Hair Loss and Keep your Hair Healthy?
Most of the hair problems are caused due to certain deficiencies in your diet. Often, the hair loss is associated with poor diet, but long-term hair loss and baldness are usually genetic. Scalp massage and a diet rich in nutrients can greatly improve the condition of your hair.
- Loss of hair color - linked with - deficiency of zinc or vitamin B5
- Dry hair - linked with - deficiency of essential fatty acids
- Greasy hair- linked with - deficiency of vitamin B complex
The following vitamins, minerals and nutrients will keep your hair healthy:
- Vitamin B complex is essential for healthy hair
- Vitamin C boosts overall health and deficiency is associated with hair loss
- Biotin is needed for the production of fatty acids which are vital for healthy hair
- Copper is needed for hair color
- Iodine is needed to manufacture thyroid hormones, which affect hair condition
- Iron prevents short-term hair loss
- Selenium reduces scalp flaking
- Zinc is needed for hair growth
- Omega-3 oils contain essential fatty acids vital for hair health
- Omega-6 oils improve hair quality
- Lysine helps prevent hair loss
- Ginkgo biloba increases blood flow to the scalp
Which foods to eat to prevent hair loss and related problems?
Salmon, mackerel and sardines; yeast extract; nuts and seeds; whole grains; green, leafy vegetables; fresh or dried fruits; chicken and eggs. Avoid animal fats and fried foods.
Other Sites :
Hair-Loss-ABC.com Hair Loss Guide - Provides introductory articles on hair loss causes, prevention measures, and treatment options. Covers female and male pattern baldness, alopecia, and hair loss from stress, smoking, medications, diet, and hormone disbalances.